Many of us like to experiment when it comes to designing the doors and windows of our new homes. But the challenge arises while choosing blinds for those doors.
But let that not be a dampener to your excitement of sprucing up your dream home. For, in this article, we shall find out essential 10 things to consider for door blinds.
Remember, your choice of blind will depend on the type of door you have. However, ensure to always go with shallow blinds so that they don’t interfere with your doors hardware. Now let us begin.
If you have French doors
The classic French doors look elegant in any home, but using them with blinds can be tricky. These tips will surely make your task easier:
1. One of the biggest problems with French doors is their handle- it might interfere with the functionality. The shallow blind would perfectly fit in between the door and the handle, increasing your convenience.
2. Go for blinds that would match the window blinds and the overall decor of your room.
3. Depending on the amount of natural light you want in the room, there are different blinds available. If you love to live without the light, then a complete blackout blind would be a handy choice. In case you want some natural light to enter your room, then go for light-filtering shades.
4. Also, go for a blind that has an outside mount. It will be a convenient choice for French doors.
If you have sliding glass doors
These types of doors have become quite popular in modern homes. They are space-saving and give easy access to the outside. Nothing can be better than a glass sliding door if you have great views and natural lights surrounding your home. The tips for choosing blinds, in this case, would include:
5. Make sure that the blind for your door is coordinating with the window. You can go for vertical cellular shades, which look great with sliding doors.
6. Sliding doors open vertically, and the blind should also open in the same direction as the door.
7. Go for durable door treatments that have a slim appearance and can filter light according to your preference.
For front doors
The front door of a house is the most challenging structure in terms of finding the right blinds. It can be designed in different shapes and sizes. However, with a little bit of customization, you can find an appropriate shade for your front door too.
8. You can opt for Roman shades, which look grand and elegant, and are available in rich fabrics and colour codes. They are a perfect choice for shallow doors.
9. You can also go for shutter blinds which can be made to order according to the structure of your front door. It improves the privacy of your home and gives it a polished look.
10. The roller shades can be an effortless choice for your front door. Their slim design would help them fit
properly behind your door handle, giving your home a complete look.